IJS Publishing Group is a scientific publishing house established in 2003 with the launch of the International Journal of Surgery. Since then it has launched IJS Case Reports in 2010. There are now 12 journals in the portfolio and a number of other resources.
- IJS increased its impact factor 33% to 2.211 for 2016.
- IJS Case Reports is the largest surgical case reports journal in the world and was Elsevier’s first open access journal.
- The first dedicated surgical protocols journal – IJS Protocols.
- The first journal publishing negative results in surgery – IJS Short Reports.
- Over 20,000 authors have placed their trust in us by submitting to our journals.
- 0.3% of all articles published by Elsevier in 2016 (420,000).
- 5% of all open access articles published by Elsevier in 2016 (20,000).
- 8,000 papers published, 4,000 gold open access and 2,500 green open access papers. Many of which have made the news.
- An article downloaded every 10 seconds with over 10 million full text downloads to date.
- 0.2% of Elsevier downloads in 2015 (1.13bn on SD).
- IJS Publishing Group also launched the first truly comprehensive global research registry for 15 years in 2015 with the Research Registry®, which has now registered over 3,000 studies involving 10 million patients from over 100 countries.